Cope Auto Repair was opened 1963 by Gerald Cope, when he saw a growing need for reliable and affordable automotive repair. As the business and community grew, so did the business adding a parts store and a few year later added towing service. As business continued to grow the shop at 210 E Fairview in Meridian, it could not accommodate the needs of the business any longer. The shop was relocated in 1982 to its current location at 1855 E Lanark St, Meridian, Idaho.
Rick Cope, Gerald’s son came to work with his dad while completing school at Boise State University for the Auto Body Repair Program. Around this time, Cope Auto Repair began doing more auto body repair and decided the name Cope Collision Center would better communicate this to the community. In 1998, Gerald and Rick became business partners, at which time Rick took over the daily business operations.
Gerald retired a few years later and Rick Cope became sole owner. Cope Collision Center is a family run business, that emphasizes quality, safe and proper vehicle repairs